Drug Formulations, Analysis and Characterization Group
Dr. Khairi Salem
College of Pharmacy, Building P
Al Ain University of Science and Technology
P.O.Box: 64141 Al Ain, UAE
Phone: +971 3 7024866
Fax: +971 3 7024777
- Targeted drug delivery
- Drug formulations and in vivo and in vitro testing
- Physico-chemical characterization of drug
- Stability testing
- Development of analytical methods
Our research focus on: (1) Targeted drug delivery including particle size reduction and drug-carrier loading studies; (2) Drug formulations and in vivo and in vitro testing, which involve preparation of dosage forms and testing drug products performance in vitro and in mice; (3) Physico-chemical characterization of drugs via determining particle size, surface area and
theoretical and experimental partition coefficient of drugs; (4) Stability testing including different formulation and drug products are studied in terms of their stability in environmentally controlled chamber (5) Development of analytical methods via using alternative or innovative analytical techniques for analyzing existing drugs/products and newly synthesized ones.
- Well-equipped pharmaceutical technology lab.
- FTIR Absorption Spectroscopy
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
- Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Sarfraz, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M., Löbenberg R. Dual Effect of Bile Salts in Nanocarriers: Counteracting Gastrointestinal Lysis and Enhancing The Oral Bioavailability of BCS Class III Drug. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 12-15, 2017. San Diego, California, USA.
- Mosab Arafat, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M, Sarfraz M, Löbenberg M. Nanosized liposomes containing bile salt: a vesicular nanocarrier for enhancing oral bioavailability of BCS class III drug. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017; 20: 305-318. DOI: 10.18433/J3CK88.
- Mosab Arafat, Zaha’a Ahmed, Osama Arafat. Comparison Between Generic Drugs and Brand Name Drugs From Bioequivalence and Thermoequivalence Prospective. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 9 (6): 1-4.
- Mosab Arafat, The effect of intestinal bile on the stability of lipid-based vesicular system used as oral drug carriers. Glob Drugs Therap 2016 (2)1:1-2: DOI: 10.15761/GDT.1000109
- Mosab Arafat, Cathrin Kirchhoefer, Momir Mikov. Mixed Micelles Loaded with Bile Salt: An Approach to Enhance Intestinal Transport of the BCS Class III Drug Cefotaxime in Rats. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. 2016, 42:.1-11. DOI: 10.1007/s13318-016-0375-9
- Mosab Arafat, Zaha’a Ahmed, Momir Mikov. Determination of Nifedipine in Rat Plasma Using HPLC-UV Detector: A Simple Method for Pharmacokinetics and Oral Bioavailability Studies. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 8 (8): 98-102.
- Mosab Arafat. Approaches to Achieve An Oral Controlled Release Drug Delivery System Using Polymers: A Recent Review. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 7 (7): 16-21.
- Moawia M. Al-Tabakha. Future prospect of insulin inhalation for diabetic patients: The case of Afrezza versus Exubera. J Control Release. 2015; 215 (10): 25-38. DOI: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2015.07.025.
- Hamad IM, Arida AI, Al-Tabakha MM. Effect of the lubricant Magnesium Stearate on Changes of Specific Surface Area of Directly Compressible Powders Under Compression. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 8(1): 21-33, 2015.
- Al-Tabakha MM, Arida AI, Fahelelbom KMS, Sadek B, Saeed DA, Abu Jarad RA, Jawadi J. Influence of capsule shell composition on the performance indicators of hypromellose capsule in comparison to hard gelatin capsules. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 2015; 41(10): 1726–1737. DOI: 10.3109/03639045.2014.1002409.
- Mosab Arafat , Svetlana Golocorbin Kon, Momir Mikov (2015). The Measurement of Cefotaxime Sodium in Rat Plasma After Oral Administration: A Sensitive HPLC-UV Method. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 7 (4) 343-346.
- Al-Tabakha MM, Arida AI, Fahelelbom KMS, Sadek B, Abu Jarad RA. Performances of New Generation of Delayed Release Capsules. Journal of Young Pharmacists. 2015; 7(1): 36-44. DOI:10.5530/jyp.2015.1.7
- Mosab Arafat (2014). Simple HPLC Validated Method for Determination of Diltiazem Hydrochloride in Human. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014; 6 (9): 213-216.
- Mosab Arafat, Aisha Salam, Osama Arafat. The Association of Type 2 Diabetes with Obesity and Other factors: In Multinational Community. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014; 6 (9) 257-260.
- Al-Tabakha MM. HPMC Capsules: Current Status and Future Prospects. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 13(3): 428-442, 2010.DOI: 10.4103/0250-474X.42968
- Mosab Arafat. The application of nanotechnology on drug delivery systems. Nanotechnology and Materials ScienceWorld Congress and Expo, 13th – 15th April 2015, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Moawia Al-Tabakha, Khairi Fahelelbom, Dima Said and Rami Abu Jarad. Initial Disintegration of “Vegetable” Capsules and Hard Gelatin Capsules: In Vitro Comparison Study. 12-14 of March, 2012 (Dubai International Pharmaceuticals & Technologies Conference & Exhibition).
- Mosab Arafat The oral bioavailability of cefotaxime in nano-vesicles formulation after introduced to rats. DUPHAT Conference, 10th – 12th March 2013, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.