9/2002-6/2008 Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Jordan University of Science and Technology Jordan
8/2009-8/2013 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) University of Georgia USA
Stroke, angiogensis, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, vascular protection
1. Alhusban A, Al-Azayzih, Goc A, Fagan SC, and Somanath PR. Clinically relevant dose of candesartan inhibits growth of prostate tumor xenograft in vivo through the modulation of tumor angiogenesis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2014 ;350(3):635-45.
2. Ishrat T, Kozak A, Alhusban A, Pillai B, Johnson MH, El-Remessy AB, Ergul A, Fagan SC. Role of matrix metalloproteinase activity in the neurovascular protective effects of Angiotensin antagonism. Stroke Res Treat. 2014;2014:560491.
3. Alhusban A, Fouda AY, Bindu Pillai, Ishrat T, Soliman S, Fagan SC. Compound 21 is pro-angiogenic in the brain and results in sustained recovery after ischemic stroke. J Hypertens. 2015 Jan;33(1):170-80
4. Fouda AY, Alhusban A, Ishrat T, Pillai B, Eldahshan W, Waller JL, Ergul A, Fagan SC. Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Knockdown Blocks the Angiogenic and Protective Effects of Angiotensin Modulation After Experimental Stroke. Mol Neurobiol. 2017 Jan;54(1):661-670.
5. Alhusban A, Kozak A, Eldashan W, Ergul A, Fagan SC. Artery reopening is required for the neurorestorative effects of angiotensin modulation after experimental stroke. Exp Transl Stroke Med. 2016 Apr 27;8:4.
6. Alhusban A, Fouda AY, Fagan SC. ARBs improve stroke outcome through an AT2-dependent, BDNF-induced proangiogenic and prorecovery response. Neural Regen Res. 2016 Jun;11(6):912-3.
7. Alhusban A, Kozak A, Pillai B, Ahmed H, Sayed MA, Johnson MH, Ishrat T, Ergul A, Fagan SC. Mechanisms of acute neurovascular protection with AT1 blockade after stroke: Effect of prestroke hypertension. PLoS One. 2017 Jun 22;12(6):e0178867.
8. Nuseir KQ, Alzoubi KH, Alhusban A, Bawaane A, Al-Azzani M, Khabour OF. Sucrose and naltrexone prevent increased pain sensitivity and impaired long-term memory induced by repetitive neonatal noxious stimulation: Role of BDNF and β-endorphin. Physiol Behav. 2017 Oct 1;179:213-219.
9. Alhusban A, Alkhazaleh E, El-Elimat T. Silymarin Ameliorates Diabetes-Induced Proangiogenic Response in Brain Endothelial Cells through a GSK-3β Inhibition-Induced Reduction of VEGF Release. J Diabetes Res. 2017;2017:2537216.
10. Nuseir KQ, Altarifi AY, Tasslaq A, Alhusban A, Alzoubi KH. Early and late anti nociceptive effects of sucrose on neonatal inflammatory pain in rats: Comparison to a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Physiol Behav. 2019 ;206:37-42.
- Ayoub NM, Alhusban A, Alhusban L. Antiangiogenic effect of conditioned media derived from triple negative breast cancer cells in brain microvascular endothelial cells in vitro. AACR Annual Meeting 2019; Atlanta, USA.
- Alhusban A., Alfwaress F., AL QAWASMEH M. Treatment with Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers Improves Language Recovery after Ischemic Stroke: A Pilot Study. 4th European Stroke Organization Conference 2018; Gothenburg, Sweden
- Alhusban A., AL QAWASMEH M., Alfwaress F., El-Salem K. Oral Hypoglycemic Agents Reduce the Neurologic Deficit in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke. ESC Athens 2018 (Oral Talk); Athens, Greece.
- Al Qawasmeh M, Alhusban A, Alfawaress F, Abu Murad S. Serum Thrombospondin-1 Levels Negatively Correlates with the Severity of Neurologic Deficit after Ischemic Stroke. ESC Athens 2018; Athens, Greece.
- Nehad M. Ayoub, Ahmed Y. Alhusban, Hussein M. Al Husban, Abdul Rahman N. Al Khatib, Alaa O. Al-Mesleh and Ekhlas A. Al-Majali. Vascularity and vascular maturity in breast cancer: a comparative analysis of the different molecular subtypes. AACR’s 2017 Annual Meeting; Washington, DC.
- Abdelrahman Y Fouda, Ahmed Alhusban, Adviye Ergul, Susan C Fagan. The Angiotensin Type 2-receptor Agonist, Compound 21, Provides Neuroprotection After Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Through Interleukin 10 Upregulation. International Stroke Cinference-2015; California-USA
- Alhusban A, Fouda A, Pillai B, Ergul A, Fagan SC. BDNF knockdown abrogates AT1 blockade induced improvement in stroke outcome (Oral talk in the International Stroke Conference-2014); San Diego-USA/
- Ahmed Alhusban, Anna Kozak, Tauheed Ishrat, Bindu Pillai, Susan C. Fagan. The vasculo-protective effect of candesartan after ischemic stroke: an Antioxidant. ACCP’s 2012 annual meeting (Finalist); Hollywood-USA.
- Abdelrahman Y. Fouda, Anna Kozak, Ahmed Alhusban, Jeffrey Switzer, and Susan C. Fagan. Utility of Serum cytokines as biomarkers for brain injury in translational research. ACCP’s 2012 annual meeting; Hollywood-USA
- Ahmed Alhusban, Anna Kozak, Susan C.Fagan. AT1 receptor antagonism modulates the angiogenic response of endothelial cells to angiotensin II: BDNF a novel mediator. Gordon Research Conference (angiotensin)-2012; Ventura-USA.
- Ahmed Alhusban, Anna Kozak, Susan C.Fagan. Vascular Protection with Candesartan: Beyond Blood Pressure Reduction. ACCP’s 2011 annual meeting (Finalist); Pittsburgh-USA.
- Ahmed Alhusban, Ahmad Al-Azayzih, Diana Houng, Susan C. Fagan, Somanath P.R. Shenoy. Candesartan for Prostate Cancer: A Dose or a Class Effect? ACCP’s 2011 annual meeting; Pittsburgh-USA.
- Ahmad Al-Azayzih, Ahmed Alhusban, Diana Houng, Susan C. Fagan, Somanath P.R. Shenoy. Angiotenisin Receptor Blockers Enhances Prostate Cancer Cell Functions In Vitro. CDD- University of Georgia-2011.
- Ahmed Alhusban, Weihua Guan, Anna kozak, Susan Fagan. Angiotensin II Affects the Ability of Endothelial Cells to Secrete BDNF: Implication in Stroke. Graduate Research Day- Medical College of Georgia-2011.
- Ahmed Alhusban, Weihua Guan, Anna Kozak, Kenneth Behen, Susan Fagan. Effects of Subhypotensive Doses of Candesartan after Experimental Ischemia. Graduate Research Day- Medical College of Georgia-2009.
- Ahmed Alhusban, Diana Houng, Mrunal Chaudhary, Susan C. Fagan, and Somanath Shenoy. Dose-Dependent, Differential Effects of Candesartan on Prostate Cancer Cells. Sothern Translational Education and Research Conference (STaR). September-2010.
- 6/2008-9/2008: Staff Pharmacist, Pharmacy One Group, Jordan.
- 9/2008-7/2009: Teaching and Research Assistant, College of Pharmacy-Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan.
- 8/2009-8/2013: Graduate student, Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, College of Pharmacy, UGA.
- 8/2013-9/2018: Assistant Professor, Clinical Pharmacy Department, College of Pharmacy-Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan.
- 9/2018-present (on a vacation): Associate Professor, Clinical Pharmacy Department, College of Pharmacy-Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan.
- 9/2019-present: Associate Professor, College of Pharmacy, Al Ain University, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Phi kappa Phi Honor Society
Jordan Pharmacists Association (JPA)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)