• Dr Baraka is currently an Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy in College of Pharmacy, Al Ain University in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• He was the head and founder of Pharmacy Practice department in the College of Clinical Pharmacy at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University (IAU) in KSA and a member in the college council for four years.
• He got his PhD in Clinical Pharmacy from the college of Medicine and pharmacy, Free University of Brussels (VUB) in Belgium 2011.
• He has several publications in Clinical Pharmacy practice and in pharmacy education research. His students won the first & third place (Telepharmacy implementation in pharmacy practice) in the undergraduate research competition organized by Abu Dhabi University on Middle East level and his research team won the best poster award in FIP conference in Seville, Spain, 2022.
• Dr Baraka has quite good experience in curriculum development in Pharmacy education in both Bachelor & PharmD programs where he provided consultation services for several colleges in the Middle East regarding courses and curriculum development in addition to quality improvement & accreditation of academic programs.
• He participated in developing national academic reference standards (NARS) for Pharmacy Education in Libya & contributed to the development of the Arabic board of Pharmacy curriculum & examination (APLEX) as a member in the general scientific council of the Arab Board of Pharmacy.
• He is also an active member in the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), in American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) and a volunteering member in evaluation team of the American Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Ph.D in Clinical Pharmacy, College of Medicine and Pharmacy, Free University of Brussels (VUB), Belgium
B.Sc of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
- Telepharmacy implementation in pharmacy education & practice.
- Artificial intelligence applications in pharmacy.
- Digital therapeutics in pharmacy practice.
- Pharmaceutical care services implementation.
- Medication Therapy management.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs.
- Pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety.
- Drug utilization pattern among pregnant women.
- Clinical pharmacy Education.
- Clinical pharmacy services improvement.
- Developing academic standards for pharmacy education.
- Selected Publications:
- Mohamed A. Baraka, Lina Hussain AlLehaibi, Hind Nasser AlSuwaidan, Duaa Alsulaiman, Mohamed Ashraful Islam, Badriyah S. Alotaibi, Amany Alboghdadly, Ali H. Homoud, Fuad H. Al-Ghamdi, Mastour S Al Ghamdi and Zaheer-Ud-Din Babar. Patterns of Infections and Antimicrobial Drugs’ Prescribing among Pregnant Women in Saudi Arabia: A cross sectional study. (Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice. 2021; 14: 9: 1-10).
Mohamed. A. Baraka, Hassan Al Sultan, Taha Al Salman, Hussain Alaithan, Mohamed Ashraful Islam and Asim Ahmad Elnour. Perspectives of Healthcare Professionals Regarding Factors Associated with Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Their Consequences: A cross-sectional study in the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia. (Antibiotics. 2021; 10: 7: 1-11).
Mohamed A. Baraka, Mohamed Hassan Elnaem, Ramadan Elkalmi, Adel Sadeq, Asim Ahmed Elnour, Royes Joseph Chacko, Abdullah H ALQarross, Mahmoud M. AbdRabo Moustafa. Awareness of statin–food interactions using grapefruit as an example: a cross-sectional study in Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. (Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research. 2021: 1-7).
Adel Shaban Sadeq, Asim Ahmed Elnour, Amar Mansour Hamrouni, Mohamed Baraka, Ahmad Z. Al Meslamani, Asil Sadeq, Maisoun Alkaabi, Osama Mohamed Ibrahim, and Nadia Al Mazrouei. Development of a multivariable model to predict medication non-adherence risk factor for subjects with acute coronary syndrome. (Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research. 2021, 1–7).
Mohamed Elnaem, Noha Mansour, Abdulrahman Nahas, Mohamed A. Baraka, Ramadan Elkalmi, Ejaz Cheema. Renal outcomes associated with the use of non-insulin antidiabetic pharmacotherapy: A review of current evidence and recommendations. (International Journal of General Medicine. 2020; 13: 1395 -1409).
Engy Wahsh, Amal Kamal, Ahmed Gomaa, Mohamed Baraka, Mohie Al-deen Abead. Real life Egyptian experience of Daclatasvir plus Sofosbuvir with Ribavirin in Naïve difficult to treat HCV patients (Infectious Disorders - Drug Targets, 2020;20(1):43-48).
- Mohamed. A. Baraka, Hassan Al Sultan, Taha Al Salman, Hussain Alaithan, Mohamed Ashraful Islam, and Abdulsalam Aseeri. Health care providers’ perception regarding Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs (AMS) implementation: facilitators and challenges: A cross-sectional study in the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia. (Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials. 2019; 18: 26: 1 - 10).
Engy Wahsh, Amal Kamal, Ahmed Gomaa, Mohamed Baraka, Mohie Al-deen Abead. Safety and efficacy of combination therapy (SMV/SOF) in the treatment of chronic HCV genotype 4 patients. Medicine Science 2018;7(1):122-6.
- Rizwan Ahmad, Atta A Naqvi, Niyaz Ahmad, Mohamed Baraka, Mohammad Mastour, Saleh Al Sharedah, Shatha Al Ghamdi, Ghada Al Rabae, Mastour S Al Ghamdi. Awareness, Perception, Attitude and Knowledge regarding Complementary and Alternative Medicines (CAMs) among pharmacy and medical students of a public university in Saudi Arabia. Archives of Pharmacy Practice. 2017; 8 (2): 51-63.
- Marwa W Kamel; Mohamed Wagih; Gokhan S. Kilic; Concepcion R. Diaz-Arrastia; Mohamed. A. Baraka; Salama A Salama. Overhydroxylation of lysine of collagen increases uterine fibroids proliferation: Roles of Lysyl hydroxylases, Lysyl oxidases, and matrix metalloproteinases. Biomed Research International. 2017; 1-13.
- Elnour Asim; Mirai Mourad Sadek; Naama Al Kalbani; Akshaya B Srikanth; Mohamed. A. Baraka; Alaa Mohammed Abdul Aziz; Abdulla Shehab. Community pharmacy and the extended community pharmacist practice roles: The UAE experiences. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2016; 24 (5): 563-570.
- Win Winit-Watjana; Mohamed. A. Baraka; Ahmed Mostafa; Raniah A Aljaizani. Assessment of motivation, learning styles, and program selections of Saudi pharmacy and non-pharmacy candidates during the preparatory year. Pharmacy Education journal. 2015; 15 (1): 281-289.
- Elnour, Asim; Shehab, Abdulla; Srikanth, Akshay; Erkekoglu, Pinar; Hamad, Farah; Sanches-Giruad, Cristina; K Al Nuaimi, Saif; M S Al Kalbani, Naama; M Ali Abd Elrazek, AbdelRazek; Mohamed. A. Baraka; Shehab, Omar; Asim, Sahar; Abdulla, Rauda. Clinical research in a nutshell: How to embark on research journey? Case report. SOJ Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 2 (2): 1-6.
- Akshaya Srikanth Bhagavathula, Asim Ahmad Elnour, Pinar Erkekoglu, Alaa Mohammed Abdul Aziz, Mirai Murad Sadek, Farah Hamad, Abdulla Shehab, Mohamed Baraka, and Cristina Sanches-Giraud. Pharmacopolitics, Implications and Implementation in Clinical Studies. Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety. 2015; 2 (2): 003.
- 14th Forum of Pharmaceutical Sciences, organized by the Belgian Society of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Blankenberge, Belgium, May 14 and 15, 2009.
- Autumn Meeting of the Belgian society of fundamental and clinical physiology and pharmacology. Brussels, Belgium, October 24, 2009.
- 38th symposium on Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP-GSASA symposium), Geneva, Switzerland, November 3-6, 2009.
- Spring meeting of the Belgian society of fundamental and clinical physiology and pharmacology. Namur, Belgium, March 27, 2010.
- First Belgian pharmaceutical care symposium – From research to daily practice. Brussels, Belgium, September 18, 2010.
- 39th symposium on Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP-SFPC symposium), Lyon, France, October 21-23, 2010.
- 40th symposium on Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP symposium), Dublin, Ireland, October 19-21, 2011.
- Saudi Diabetes and Endocrine Association (SDEA). Updates on Diabetes Nephropathy, Al-Khobar, Saudia Arabia, March 15, 2014.
- 1st Annual scientific research update: Medicine and biomedical research. Dammam University, Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, April 5-7, 2015.
- 4th International Pharma & Clinical Pharmacy Congress. Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, November 07-09, 2016.
- 22nd DUPHAT conference – Dubai International Pharmaceutical and Technologies Conference and Exhibition. Dubai, UAE, March 07-09, 2017.
- 10th Medication Safety Conference. Abu Dhabi, UAE, October 27 - 29, 2017.
- 1st International Conference of Applied Medical Sciences, ICAMS. Gaza, Palestine, November 18-19, 2017.
- 23rd DUPHAT conference – Dubai International Pharmaceutical and Technologies Conference and Exhibition. Dubai, UAE, Feb - March 27-01, 2018.
- Annual meeting of SPS/SIPHA 2020. Saudi International Pharmaceutical Science Meeting & Workshops) in Riyadh, KSA, Jan 21-23rd, 2020.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy in College of Pharmacy, Al Ain University, Abu Dhabi, UAE. (Sep 2022 – Current)
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy in College of Pharmacy, Al Ain University, Abu Dhabi, UAE. (Jan 2020 – Aug 2022)
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy in College of Clinical Pharmacy, Dammam University, Dammam, KSA. (Jan 2014 – Jan 2020)
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy in College of Pharmacy, Al-Azhar university, Cairo, Egypt. (Jan 2012 – Jan 2014).
- Licensed Consultant pharmacist, Clinical preceptor in King Fahd University Hospital.
- Member in ACPE certification Steering Committee in Al Ain University.
- Head of OSCE Committee in Al Ain University.
- Head of Professional Development Committee in Al Ain University.
- Memeber in Experiential Education Committee in Al Ain University.
- Memeber in Curriculum Development Committeein Al Ain University.
- Member in IAU Strategic Planning Committee.
- Member in IAU University Research Ethics Committee (IRB).
- Community pharmacist in several pharmacies in Egypt.
- Digital Pharmacy & Digital Therapeutics.
- Pharmacotherapy 1,2 & 3 (PBL).
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
- Evidence based medicine.
- Drug information services.
- Pharmaceutical care (1, 2 & 3).
- Pharmacy Practice courses.
- Communication skills.
- Non-Prescription Drugs
- Marketing for pharmacists
- Research methodology & graduation projects.
- Pharmacy orientation.
- Basic and Clinical pharmacology.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- Digital Medicine Society (DiMe).
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
- International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP).
- Emirates Medical Association - Clinical Pharmacy (EMA).
- European Society of Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP).
- Belgian Society of Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS).
- Egyptian Society of Clinical Pharmacy (ESCP).
- The Egyptian General Syndicate of Pharmacists.
- Clinical and Social Pharmacy Research Network.