PhD. Molecular Cancer Cell Biology, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
M.Sc Biological Science (Microbiology), JordanUniversity of Science&Technology, Jordan
B.Sc. Biological Science (Microbiology), JordanUniversity of Science&Technology, Jordan
- Atatreh N, Ghattas MA, Rwashdeh S, and Al Sorkhy M. Identification of new inhibitors of Mdm2-p53 interaction via pharmacophore and structure-based virtual screening. Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2018 12.1-12.
2. Mohamed FE, Al-Sorakhy M, Ghattas MA, Al-Zaabi N, Al-Gazali L, Al-Jasmi F & Ali BR. D151Y beta galactosidase mutant causing GM1-Gangliosidosis is rescuable by chemical chaperones and low temperature. In preparation.
3. Zina Fahal and Al Sorkhy M. Druggability analysis and classification of bacterial histadine kinase as a new antibiotic targets. ACS Omega (submitted)
4. Mohamed FE, Al-Sorakhy M, Ghattas MA, Al-Zaabi N, Al-Shamsi A, Al-Gazali L, Al-Jasmi F & Ali BR. A novel homozygous missense variant in NAGA in a child with severe neurological manifestations associated with microcephaly illustrates the extreme phenotypic heterogeneity in Schindler disease. In preparation.
5. Ben-Mahmoud, A., Ben-Salem, S., Al-Sorkhy, M., John, A., Ali, B.R. and Al-Gazali, L. A B3GALT6 variant in patient originally described as Al-Gazali syndrome and implicating the ER quality control in the mechanism of some β3GalT6-pathy mutations. Clin Genet. 2018 Feb 14. doi: 10.1111/cge.13236
6. M. Al sorkhy, Zina Fahl and J Ritchie. Cortisol and breast cancer: Molecular and clinical prospective. Annals of Cancer Research and Therapy. Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 19-25, 2018.
7. Jozef Hertecant, Makanko Komara, Muhammed Nagi, Olfat Al-Zaabi, Waseem Fathallah, Hong Cui, Yaping Yang, Christine Eng, Lihadh Al-Gazali, Mohammad Al Sorkhy, Mohammad A. Ghattasand Ali BR. A de novo mutation in the Xlinked PAK3 gene is the underlying cause of intellectual disability and macrocephaly in monozygotic twins. European Journal of Medical genetics.60(4)212-216. 2017
8. Ghattas MA, Raslan N, Sadeq A, Al Sorkhy M, Atatreh N. Druggability analysis and classification of protein tyrosine phosphatase active sites. Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2016, 10:3197-3209.
9. Ghattas M, Al Sorkhy, M, and Atatreh N. In silico design of new MPS1 inhibitors via a validated structure-based virtual screening approach. Der Pharma Chemica, 8(2), 365-374.2016.
10.Al Sorkhy M., Myers D, Fillfield, B and LA Porter. Direct Interactions with both p27 and Cdk2 Regulate Spy1-Mediated Proliferation in vivo and in vitro. Cell Cycle 15 (1), 128-136.2016.
11. Nail Hassan, Mohammad Al Sorkhy and Raed Al Battah. Zizipus Jujube(Enab) of the middle east, Food and Medicine. Unique journal of Ayurvedic and herbal medicines.2014.
12.Nail Hassan and Al sorkhy M. Herbs That Promote cell proliferation. International Journal of herbal medicine 2014, 1(6) 18-21.
13. Al Sorkhy M., RM. Ferraiuolo , E. Jalili, A. Malysa , AR. Fratiloiu, SB. Sloane, and LA Porter. The Cyclin-Like Protein Spy1/RINGO Promotes Mammary Transformation and is elevated in Human Breast Cancer. BMC Cancer 2012, 12:45.
14. Al Sorkhy M., R. Craig, R. Ard, B. Market and LA Porter. The CDK activator, Spy1, is targeted for degradation by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4. Journal of Biological Chemistry 284(5):2617-27 (2009).
15. Al Sorkhy M. and Amr Z. Parasites of some Amphibians in Jordan. Turkish Journal of Zoology 27: 87-91.2003.
1) Al Sorkhy M, Genetic linkage analysis in familial breast cancer among Saudi women , EMBO Conference, Heidelberg Germany 2017.
2) Al Sorkhy M, Herbs That Promote cell proliferation. Cell Death in Cancer
Conference, Amsterdam, 2016.
3) Al Sorkhy M, RM. Ferraiuolo , E. Jalili, A. Malysa , AR. Fratiloiu, SB. Sloane, and LA Porter. The Cyclin-Like Protein Spy1/RINGO Promotes Mammary Transformation and is elevated in Human Breast Cancer.. Main, USA 2009.
4) Al Sorkhy M., R. Craig, R. Ard, B. Market and LA Porter. The CDK activator, Spy1, is Targeted for Degradation by the Ubiquitin Ligase Nedd4.IRCM Signaling Conference Banff, Canada 2008.
5) Al Sorkhy M., and Amr Z. Ecology of Amphibian Parasites. (Poster presented orally at scientific day of the faculty of science and arts, May 2000). (Master theses work).
6) Al Sorkhy M., and Amr Z. Coccidian Parasites of Rodents in Azraq oasis (Jordan).(Poster presented orally at Scientific day of the faculty of science and arts, May 1999).(Research Assistant at Dr zuhair Amr lab)
7) Al Sorkhy M., and Janakat S. The effect of Glucose on Cataract formation. (Undergraduate honours project, 1997).
- Canadian Cancer Society PhD Travel Award (2009).
- Department of Biology Research Excellence Award (2008).
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC PGS D2) (2008-2010).
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (OGSST) (2007-2008).
- Elena Loaring Memorial Fund Award for Breast Cancer Research (2006-2007).
- Doctoral Tuition Scholarship, University of Windsor (2006-2009).
- Memorial Breast Cancer Research Scholarship, University of Windsor (2006,2007,2009).
- Graduate Tuition Scholarship, University of Windsor (2005-2006).