Ph.D. in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice Faculty of Medical Sciences – School of Pharmacy Newcastle University, United Kingdom
MSc. Nutrition Medicine and Prevention, Institute of Clinical Nutrition, University of Hohenheim- Germany
B. Pharm. (honorary), Faculty of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Ajman University, U.A.E
Associate Degree: Honorary Associate Lecturer, Institute of Cellular Medicine- Faculty of Medical Sciences- Newcastle University, UK
My research interests are related to the field of Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacy Practice and Respiratory Medicine (Asthma and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea). I actively involved in different research projects related to medical sciences, clinical trials and clinical nutrition. I am currently working in collaboration with Meakins-Christie Laboratories pulmonary research Centre: pulmonary, allergy, and critical care research at McGill University Health Centre- Montreal, Canada in collaboration with Sharjah University and Rahid Hospital, Dubai, UAE in biomarkers of inflammation (IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-8, interferon-δ and TNF- α) in patients with Asthma and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
- , , , , , , , A proof of concept study describing extraoesophageal reflux in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea and asthma and the effects of continuous positive airway pressure.
- Kaukab I, Hussain Shah SN, Kharaba Z, Murtaza G, Saad AA, Ahmad S. Evaluation Of Pharmacokinetic Interaction of Cilostazol with Metoclopramide after Oral Administration in Human. Current Drug Metabolism. 2019 Nov 4. doi: 10.2174/1389200220666191105115805
- Ward C, Kharaba ZJ.Regarding epithelial dysregulation in obese severe asthmatics with gastro-oesophageal reflux. European Respiratory Journal. 2019 Oct 10;54(4). pii: 1901376. doi: 10.1183/13993003.01376-2019. (ERJ impact factor is 11.8 in 2018).
- Yassen Alfoteih, Saeid Azizi, Laleh Khajehkarimoddini, Zelal Jaber and Salimbabu Abdullah. Shisha –The hazardous pastime: Microbial investigation of Shisha apparatus in Public Cafés in the UAE. Malaysian Journal of Public Health Medicine. 2018 Dec 14, volume 18(2). Scopus Indexed.
Y. Alfoteih, Z. Jaber, How to design your epidemiological study: Research structure and design at a glance. Journal of AIDS & Clinical Research Open Access. ISSN 2155-6113. Abstract. Scopus Indexed.
- A proof of concept study describing extraoesophageal reflux in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea and asthma and the effects of continuous positive airway pressure. The European Respiratory Society International Congress, ERS 2019. Madrid, Spain 28 September - 02 October 2019. Poster Presentation.
- Extraoesophageal reflux in patients with asthma and obstructive sleep apnoea - Abu-Dhabi Pharmacy Conference, 25-27 April 2019. Poster presentation.
- Smart aging philosophy- Cigalah medpharma and MartiDerm - Sophitel Hotel- Palm Jumirah- Dubai- UAE 20th of March 2018, Panelist member.
- ICM Research Seminar, Wednesday 29th of March 2017 Dental Lecture Theatre F, Medical School, Newcastle University, UK. Chair
- Malabsorption and Malnutrition, as part of the sixth annual meeting of the project “Together for the prevention before treatment” under the slogan (Health Embossers) Mushairef Health Centre, 1st of March 2016, Keynote speaker.
- Fundamentals of First Aid, to High school students as part of the program of spring camp for school students, Ajman University, 28th of March 2016
- Food Safety, to staff and employees at Department of Finance, Ajman, UAE, 12th of January 2015, Keynote speaker.
- Nutrition and Chronic Diseases, as part of the fourth annual meeting of the project “Together for the prevention before treatment” under the slogan (A HEALTHY FLASHES) Mushairef Health Centre, 29th of April 2014, Keynote speaker.
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases in UAE, Ajman University-College of Information, Mass Communication and Humanities, 10th of December 2014, Oral Presentation.
- The 20th Annual Meakins-Christie Workshop- Gulf Thoracic Congress 2018 International Symposium on Asthma and COPD, 15th and 16th of March 2018, Intercontinental Hotel – Festival City, Dubai – UAE.
- DUPHAT (Dubai International Pharmaceutical and Technologies Conference and Exhibition), Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center- UAE, March 2000- March 2018
- Awareness Presentation entitled (Lipids and Triglycerides), as part of the seventh annual meeting of the project together for the prevention before treatment under the slogan (Future visions) Mushairef Health Centre, 31st of April 2017
- 5th Regional Conference on Diabetes 2017 hosted by the Rashid Centre for Diabetes and Research (RCDR) at the Fairmont Ajman, Ajman, UAE, 29th of April, 2017
- World asthma day in the UAE, Raffles Hotel, Dubai, 27th of May, 2016
- Nutritional aspects in critical ill patients, Fairmont Ajman Hotel, 14th of May 2016
- Posters: (Ranked of Diabetes in U.A.E. & effectiveness of Metformin), DUPHAT 2015- Dubai- UAE, 8-10 March 2015
- Application of Pharmacology in the current Pharmacy Practice, Radisson Blue Hotel, Sharjah, 11th of November 2015
- COPD and Smoking Cessation Conference, Ajman University, 10th of May 2015
- Emirates Respiratory Conference, Dubai Intercontinental Hotel, 24th of October 2014.
1. Workshop leader – How to design your epidemiological research structure and design at a glance. The 14th International conference on Infectious disease, Prevention and Control-Dubai 29th of April 2019.
2. Training session: Bioplex Training Agenda- Sharjah University 28th of August 2017.
3. Lunchtime Mindfulness, Newcastle University- Thursday 1st of Sep 2016
4. Teaching Opportunities for Research Students, Newcastle University- Tuesday 11th of Oct 2016
5. Non-Medline Library Databases, Newcastle University- Tuesday 11th of Oct 2016
6. Lunchtime Mindfulness, Newcastle University- Wednesday 26th of Oct 2016
7. Public Speaking (NEPG support), Newcastle University- Wednesday 2nd of Nov 2016
8. Basic Stats (ISRU), Newcastle University- Wednesday 23rd of Nov 2016
9. Data Handling and Spreadsheet Skills, Newcastle University- Monday 28th of Nov 2016
10. Academic Writing, Newcastle University- Thursday 12th of Jan 2017
11. Managing Long Documents, Newcastle University- Thursday 12th of Jan 2017
12. Basic Stats (ISRU), Newcastle University- Tuesday 24th of Jan 2017
13. Statistical Support: One-to-One Advice, Newcastle University- Thursday 30th of Mar 2017
14. CASE 2014 (COPD and Asthma Specialized Educational program) – AstraZeneca- Dubai- UAE, 15th of May 2014.
15. Specialized Moodle (e-Learning), Ajman University, 29th of January 2014
16. Self and Time Management, Ajman University of Science and Technology, 17th of February 2014
17. Creative Problem Solving, Ajman University, 24-25 June 2013
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea- diagnosis, symptoms and treatments. 4th of April 2019, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP9JVuK7DB0&t=124s
- Gastro-esophageal Reflux Awareness in the UAE, Alwousta Channel/ Sharjah,16th June 2018, (talk starts at minute 32.00) https://youtu.be/6pnQsVpbvVc
- Diabetes in children and adolescents in the UAE, Alwousta Channel/ Sharjah, 7th of January 2018 (talk starts at minute 30.00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8Fk3MKXQA&t=2741s
- Anorexia Nervosa-28th May 2016, Al-hurra TV- Dubai, https://youtu.be/ek8HS50DjDc
- Drug food interaction, Dubai TV , 11th April 2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gzNIUMrOZ0
- Vegetarian diet-29th February 2016, Dubai TV, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1D_wB0si3Y
- Malabsorption and malnutrition, Dubai TV , 31st March 2015, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lsWg9r_RFU
- Nutrition in hot weather, Dubai TV, 10th August 2015, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMriPfJdCuU
Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Care
Patients Assessment and Clinical Chemistry
- Member in European Respiratory Society/ British Thoracic Society, ERS/BTS- UK, July 2017 to date.
- Member in Emirates Medical Association- Emirates Pharmacy Society/ Emirates Clinical Pharmacists Group, September 2018 to date. MOH Licensing Examination April 2004
- Member in Arab Women Society at Newcastle University- UK, October 2018 to date.
- Member in the Syrian Pharmaceutical Association – Syria, April 2004 to date.