Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Apply Now
The Bachelor of Science in pharmacy program is a four and a half year integrated program spread over nine semesters and leading to a degree in B.Sc in Pharmacy. The program provides a balanced education in pharmaceutical sciences and opens the door to a career in the professional pharmacy, drug research, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other health industries, enabling program graduates to practice the pharmacy profession in an ethical and competent manner.
The program curriculum offers a solid foundation in core pharmacy competencies, by offering courses in biomedical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences and clinical sciences. In recognition of the pharmacist’s expanding role in the provision of health care, the curriculum also includes placements in advanced professional and training programs based at reputable hospitals in the UAE. The training programs provide students with a greater knowledge of the responsibilities of a pharmacist in understanding and dispensing medicine, providing expertise about the composition of drugs, physical, chemical and biological properties, educating patients about their medication, and working with clinicians to promote the effective use of drugs.
To obtain a “Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy”, a student must successfully complete 160 credit hours, including 21 credit hours of training, with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2 out of 4.
On successful completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Describe in depth the underlying principles and theoretical concepts in biomedical, pharmaceutical, clinical and social sciences which are related to pharmacy practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly dispense, manufacture, store, control inventory and distribute prescription and non-prescription products
- Optimize drug therapy and create an individualized care plan based on the principles of evidence-based medicine.
- Practice decision-making independently and in collaboration with the healthcare professional by utilizing guidelines and research skills to ensure the safety and effectiveness of patient's therapy.
- Practice as an effective member within the healthcare system and community to promote health, quality use of medicine and to provide advice about disease prevention and control.
- Practice pharmacy in legal, ethical and professional ways and appraise the importance of self-development and continuous education.
- Private Pharmacies
- Private and Governmental hospital pharmacies
- Medical Laboratories
- Drug manufacturing companies
- Drug Marketing and Sales