Admission Requirements for M.Sc. in Clinical Pharmacy
1. General Admission Requirements:
To be accepted for the M.Sc. in clinical pharmacy program, the applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree of pharmacy obtained from a university recognized by MOHESR. A Higher diploma is not equivalent to a baccalaureate degree and does not qualify an applicant for admission to the M.Sc. program.
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale (or its established equivalent) in the applicant’s Bachelor degree program. Applicants must provide official transcripts of all earned undergraduate credits.
- have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the Paper-Based, 213 on the Computer-Based, or 79 on the Internet Based test, or the equivalent score on another standardized test approved by MOHESR such as IELTS score of 6.0, the following are excepted:
- A native speaker of English who has completed his/her undergraduate education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
- A student admitted to and graduated from an English medium institution that can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test, or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the MOHESR, upon admission to his/her undergraduate program.
To be eligible for this exemption, you must have completed your studies no more than two years prior to the start of the postgraduate degree program for which you are applying.
2. Conditional Admission Requirements:
- Conditional admission due to non fulfillment of English proficiency requirement.
A student with a recognized bachelor of pharmacy degree and a TOEFL score of 530 (197 CBT, 71 iBT) or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the commission may be admitted conditionally to the master`s program. Such a student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal:
- Must achieve 550 in TOEFL or 6.0 in IELTS
- May take a maximum of six credit hours in the first semester of study, not including intensive English courses
- Must achieve an overall grade point average of 3 on a scale of 4, or its established equivalent, in the first 6 credit hours of credit-bearing courses studied for the M.Sc. program
- Conditional admission due to nonfulfillment of GPA requirement.
A student with a recognized bachelor degree with a CGPA between 2.00 and 2.99 on a scale of 4, or its established equivalent, and who meets the English language competency requirements for general admission stated above may be admitted conditionally to the master program if they meet the following requirements:
- Takes a maximum of nine credit hours in the first semester of study.
- Must achieve an overall grade point average of 3 on a scale of 4, or its established equivalent, in the first nine credit hours of credit-bearing courses studied for the M.Sc. program.
- The final decision will be based on an interview arranged by the Coordinator of the M.Sc. program and the Dean of the college of pharmacy.