The College of Pharmacy at Al Ain University of Science and Technology has been involved in community engagement activities through faculty and students including:
- Participating in the Thalassemia awareness program in cooperation with the UAE Thalassemia Society and the Blood Bank.
- Giving lectures about the dangers of narcotics to the university students;
- Giving lectures to the secondary school students relating to the danger of smoking and the role of breakfast in the enhancement of the student’s body;
- Giving awareness lectures regarding the relationship between obesity and diabetes;
- Giving awareness lectures regarding the use of alcohol and its addiction;
- Giving a lecture about chemical pollutants and food contaminants.
- Participating in Al Ain Municipality event and campaign against narcotics;
- Giving awareness lectures against smoking and the hazards linked to it at the Handicap Center;
- Participating in Al Ain Municipality event and campaign against obesity and diabetes;
- Participating in Tawam Hospital Breast Cancer awareness campaign;
- Participating in Al Ain Hospital safety week which involves an awareness campaign about drug abuse and drug safety;
- Visit of the Al Ain Private Center for Care and Rehabilitation of Special Needs;
- Organizing and celebrating the international day for older person in collaboration with Al Ain municipality town center;
- Free screening and measurement of body mass and examination of blood sugar level during the Government celebration of the International Day of Diabetes;
- Giving awareness lectures about the effect of Lack of vitamin D on bone and teeth.