Asim Ahmed Elnour is currently an Assistant Professor in the Clinical Pharmacy Program, College of Pharmacy at Al Ain University, Abu Dhabi Campus. Prior to that from January 2019 to June 2020 he was an associate professor at the Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Gulf Medical University (GMU), Ajman-UAE. Prior to that from January 2016 to January 2019, he was an Associate Professor and Pharmacy Program Lead in Program of Pharmacy at Fatima College of Health Sciences (FCHS), Al Ain, UAE. He has been adjunct clinical Associate Professor (2016 to 2017 at Monash University – Australia), Adjunct Assistant Professor (at College of Medicine-COM; UAE University 2010 to 2016). He has worked as lecturer (2010 to 2012) with Al Ain University of Sciences and Technology (AUST), UAE and as lecturer (from 2000 to 2005) with Ajman University, UAE.
Asim ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4143-7810
PhD, Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom, 2004
MSc. Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom, 1998
1985 B-Pharm Honor - Pharmacy College - Khartoum University - Sudan
Researching in pharmacy practice: -
(meta analysis, systematic reviews, randomized clinical trials, cross section studies, syrvey-based epidemiological research)
1. Efficacy and safety of medications in randomized clinical trials.
2. Corona-virus scoping reviews, fatality cases
3. Acute coronary syndrome
4. Atrial fibrillation
5. Multiple sclerosis
6. Dyslipidemia (Statin)
7. Diabetes - Glucagon-like peptides (GLP1), cardioprotective effects
8. Heart Failure
9. Medication adherence
10. Pharmacy teaching amid covid crises
- Shehab A, Elnour AA*, Bhagavathula AS, et al. A Multicenter Prospective Hospital-based Cohort Study on the Efficacy and Safety of Pitavastatin Curr Diab Rev. 2020 Dec. DOI: 10.2174/1573399817666201228164243.
- AA Elnour*, Al Hajri, N., El Khidir, I., Al Amoodi, A., Ahmed, S., and Sadeq, A. (2020). Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists Cardio-protective effects: an umbrella review. Curr Diab Rev. 2020; 16(6). 16 (8), 820-832. doi: 10.2174/1573399816666200522214554.
- Farah Hamad, AA Elnour*, Abdelgadir Elamin, Sasha Mohamed; Isra Yousif; Judit Don, Semira Abdi, Abdulla Al Amoodi, Ahmed Ibrahim Fathelrahman, Kishore Gnana, Fahad Alanzi, Abubakar B Abubakar, Salma Mohammed Magboul1, Sahar Asim Ahmed; Adel Sadeq. Systematic Review of Glucagon Like Peptide One Receptor Agonist (liraglutide) for Subjects with Heart Failure with Reduced Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction. Curr Diab Rev; 2020; 16(9):13-16. DOI : 10.2174/1573399816999200821164129.
- AA Elnour*, Komócsi, A., Kupó, P., El Khidir, I., Zachariah, S., & Gnana, K. et al. (2020). The role of Direct Oral Anticoagulant in patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome on single or dual antiplatelet regime: review of opportunities and challenges. Curr Clin Pharmacol, 15. doi: 10.2174/1574884715666200518091359.
- AA Elnour*, Judit Don, Isra Yousif, Kishore Gnana, Semira Abdi, Noura Al Hajri, Abdulla Al Amoodi, Ahmed Ibrahim Fathelrahman. Review of the mortality rate of people infected with Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Wuhan-China: data from three retrospective studies. J Pharm Bioall Sci. 2020, 12(3):223-233.
- Sadeq A, Sadeq A, Sadeq A, Alkhidir IY, Aburuz S, Mellal AA, Al Najjar MS, AA Elnour*. Risk factors for hospital readmission of patients with heart failure: A cohort study. J Pharm Bioall Sci. 2020;12:335-43. DOI: 10.4103/jpbs.JPBS_323_20.
- Salma Mohammed Magboul, Bashir Osman, AA Elnour*. The prevalence, risk factors and outcomes of acute kidney injury in intensive care unit. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy. 2020; 42(5): 1-9. doi: 10.1007/s11096-020-01147-5.
- Abdulla Shehab, Akshaya S. Bhagavathula, AA Elnour*. Khalid Al-Rasadi and Saif Al-Shamsi, “The Incidence of Adverse Drug Reactions in Patients Treated with Statins in the Emirates: A Retrospective Cohort Study”, Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2020; 18(2): 193-199. https://doi.org/10.2174/1570161117666190408164908.
- A Shehab, AS Bhagavathula, TB Abebe, TM Abegaz, AA Elnour*. Patient adherence to novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs) for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and occurrence of associated bleeding events: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2019; 17 (4), 341-349.
- AA Elnour*, IT El Mugammar, T Jaber, T Revel, JC McElnay. Pharmaceutical care of patients with gestational diabetes mellitus. Journal of evaluation in clinical practice, 2008; 14 (1), 131-140. DOI: 10.2174/1570161116666180123111949
1. Duphat conference series (1997 - 2020)
2. Emirates cardiac society - conference series (2012 - 20202)
3. Waterfalls series (2020)
4. Oncolgy conferences (2019 - 2020)
Teaching, mentoring advising undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Initiated many simulation, professional learning practices, pharmacy model, and many skills developing in clinical and pharmacy practice.
1. Assistant Professor, Clinical Pharmacy Program, College of Pharmacy-Abu Dhabi, Al Ain University-UAE. (August 27, 2020 up to date)
Teaching, mentoring, advising supervising undergraduate (Pharm-D) and postgraduate Pharm-D, MSc and PhD students.
2. Associate Professor- Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy-Ajman, Gulf Medical University-UAE. (January 23 2019 up to 30 June 2020)
Teaching, mentoring, advising supervising undergraduate (PharmD) and postgraduate PharmD, MSc students.
3. Faculty (Associate Professor), Fatima College of Health Sciences-FCHS, UAE, January 2016 up to 27 January 2019. AL Ain, UAE.
Program lead responsible for running the academic program at Al Ain campus under the head of program.
4. Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Monash University, Australia, 2016 till Oct 2017.
5. Associate Professor, UAE University, College of Medicine, Al Ain, UAE, 2010 – 2016.
6. Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy, Ajman University of Sciences and Technology, 2001 to 2005.
1. Marketing and pharmacoeconomics
2. Patient assessment and clinical chemistry
3. Medication information and literature reviewe
4. Non-prescription drugs
Previous teaching: -
1. Pshychiatric pharamcotherapy
2. Parenteral nutrition and intravenous drug administration
3. Infectious diseases
4. Clinical laboratory interpretation
6. Epidemiology and statistics
7. Medication management and dispensing
Master program teaching (in prefious college-GMU)
1. Population health and public health
2. Pharmacy management
3. parenteral nutrition and intravenous fluid management
American College of Clincial Pharmacy
Emirates Medical Association
Emirates Cardiac Scoiety
European Scoiety of Clinical Pharmacy