Faris El-Dahiyat, Ph.D
Director, Master in Clinical Pharmacy Program
Al Ain Campus
Ph.D. Pharmacy; Pharmacoeconomics & Pharmacy Practice, Kingston University, London, United Kingdom
MSc. Pharmaceutical Science with Management Studies, Kingston University, London, United Kingdom
BSc. Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Jordan
Pharmacoeconomics, Economic evaluation of drugs and/or services, Quantitative and qualitative aspects of medication, Pharmacy practice, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacy education, pricing of pharmaceuticals, Evaluation and analysis of pharmaceutical policies.
- Algunmeeyn, A., El-Dahiyat, F., Altakhineh, M.M. et al. Understanding the factors influencing healthcare providers’ burnout during the outbreak of COVID-19 in Jordanian hospitals. J of Pharm Policy and Pract 13, 53 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40545-020-00262-y
- Bonyan, R., Al-Karasneh, A.F., El-Dahiyat, F. et al. Identification of the awareness level by the public of Arab countries toward COVID-19: cross-sectional study following an outbreak. J of Pharm Policy and Pract 13, 43 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40545-020-00247-x
- El-Dahiyat, F., Rashrash, M., Abuhamdah, S. et al. Herbal medicines: a cross-sectional study to evaluate the prevalence and predictors of use among Jordanian adults. J of Pharm Policy and Pract 13, 2 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40545-019-0200-3
- Abu Hagar, R., El‐Dahiyat, F. and El Refae, G. (2020), Risk management in community pharmacy practice in Abu Dhabi Region: a cross‐sectional study. J Pharm Health Serv Res, 11: 275-285. doi:10.1111/jphs.12364
- El-Dahiyat F, Eljilany I, Cost-Minimization Analysis of Ranibizumab Versus Aflibercept for Treating Saudi Patients With Visual Impairment Owing to Age-Related Macular Degeneration or Diabetic Macular Edema, Value in Health Regional Issues, Volume 22, (2020)Pages 23-26, ISSN 2212-1099, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vhri.2019.09.007.
- Algunmeeyn, A, El-Dahiyat, F, Imad Alfayoumi & Mervat Alrawashdeh (2020) Exploring staff perspectives of the barriers to the implementation of accreditation in Jordanian hospitals: Case study, International Journal of Healthcare Management, DOI: 10.1080/20479700.2020.1763233
- Hamdan, S. and El‐Dahiyat, F. (2020), Implementation and evaluation of an antimicrobial stewardship program across nine hospitals in the United Arab Emirates: a qualitative study. J Pharm Pract Res, 50: 124-131. doi:10.1002/jppr.1613
- Jairoun, A. A., Al-Hemyari, S. S., El-Dahiyat, F., Hassali, M. A., Shahwan, M., Al Ani, M. R., & Jabbar, H. A. (2020). Suboptimal Health, Dietary Supplementation, and Public Health Approaches to Regulatory Challenges in Dubai. Journal of Primary Care & Community Health. https://doi.org/10.1177/2150132720911303
- Dawoud, D, El-Dahiyat, F, Abojedi, A et al. Translation, cultural adaptation and psychometric validation of the SF-6D measure of health-related quality of life for use in Arabic-Speaking countries, Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, 2020, ISSN 1551-7411, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2020.01.018.
- Rabbani, S.A., Sridhar, S.B., Abazer, D., Ahmed, H.S., Usman, H.A., Mahtab, A. and El‐Dahiyat, F. (2020), Impact of community‐based educational intervention on antibiotic use and resistance awareness among the people living in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. J Pharm Health Serv Res, 11: 197-204. doi:10.1111/jphs.12347
- Sadi B, Harb Z, El-Dahiyat F, Anwar M, Improving patient waiting time: A quality initiative at a pharmacy of a public hospital in United Arab Emirates, International Journal of Healthcare Management, December 2019 DOI: 10.1080/20479700.2019.1692768
- Anwar, M., El-Dahiyat, F., Jairoun, A. et al. The sunshine under our skin: public knowledge and practices about vitamin D deficiency in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, Arch Osteoporos (2019) 14: 111. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11657-019-0671-5
- Babar Z, Ramazan S, El-Dahiyat F, The Availability, Pricing, and Affordability of Essential Diabetes Medicines in 17 Low-, Middle-, and High-Income Countries, Front. Pharmacol., 19 November 2019
- Jazieh AR, Pizzo E, Gulacsi L, El-Dahiyat F, Abu-Helalah M, Ibrahim N, AlAbdulkareem H, Maraiki F, AlSaggabi A, Cornes P. Implementation of country-wide pharmacoeconomic principles in cancer care in developing countries: Expert-based recommendations. Glob J Qual Saf Healthc [Epub ahead of print]. Available from: http://www.jqsh.org/preprintarticle.asp?id=26684
- Mirza A, Hasan S, El‐Dahiyat F, Babar Z, Medicines policy issues for Saudi Arabia: priorities and model, Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research 2019doi.org/10.1111/jphs.12316
- Alslubi H., El‐Dahiyat F., Patient safety practices among community pharmacists in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research 2019 10 (2), 203-21
- El-Dahiyat F. A, Curley L, Babar Z, A Survey Study to Measure the Current Practice of Patient Counselling and Other Community Pharmacy Services in Jordan. Journal of pharmaceutical health services research 2019 10 (1), 133-139
- Eljilany I, El-Dahiyat F, Curley LE & Babar Z (2018) Evaluating quantity and quality of literature focusing on health economics and pharmacoeconomics in Gulf Cooperation Council countries, Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research, DOI: 10.1080/14737167.2018.1479254
- El-Dahiyat F. Pharmaceutical Policy in Jordan. In: Babar Z, editor. Pharmaceutical Policy in Countries with Developing Healthcare Systems. 28 March 2017 pp 237-260 Springer ISBN: 978-3-319-51672-1 (Print) 978-3-319-51673-8 (Online)
- Abu Hammour K, El-Dahiyat F, Abu Farha R. Health care professionals knowledge and perception of pharmacovigilance in a tertiary care teaching hospital in Amman, Jordan. J Eval Clin Pract. 2017 Jan 16. doi: 10.1111/jep.12683
- El-Dahiyat F, Pharmacoeconomic evidence and policies to promote use of generic medicines in Jordan, Pharmaceuticals policy and law, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 71-86, 2017
- Alefan Q, Karasneh A,El-Dahiyat F, Alshara M, Translation and validation of the Arabic version of generic medicines scale.Res Social Adm Pharm. 2016 Jun 3.
- El-Dahiyat, F and Kayyali, R. Evaluating patients’ perceptions regarding generic medicines in Jordan.
Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice2013 6:3.
- El-Dahiyat, F and Kayyali, R., Community pharmacists’ perceptions towards generic medicines and their opinions on future generic substitution policy implementation: A descriptive study from Jordan,
Journal of Generic Medicines. June 2013 10: 4
- El-Dahiyat, F and Kayyali, R. Physicians’ perception of generic and electronic prescribing: A descriptive study from Jordan.Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice 2014 7:7.
- El-Dahiyat, F and Kayyali, R. Acceptance of generic medicines in Jordan: A study of patients', pharmacists’, and physicians’ perspectives, International Journal of Pharmacy practice;2013 21,2
- El-Dahiyat, F., Kayyali, R. and Abbadi, I., A comparison of generic and originator brand drug prices,
Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol. 4, No. 1, January 2011.
- 1st Journal of Pharmacy practice and policy (JOPPP) conference (Evidence in pharmacy practice and policy research) which was held in Shah Alam, Malysia 28-29 August 2019 (Poster)
- Scientific committe member, Regional director and speaker in "The 1st Saudi Pharmacoeconomics Summit" December 12, and December 13,2018 organised by Alfaisal University Campus, College of medicine. Riyadh, KSA (Oral)
- Speaker to 2nd International Conference of Pharmacy and Medicine (ICPM) 18 November ‐21 November 2018 ‐ University of Sharjah ‐ UAE (Oral)
- ADphac 2019 4th Abu Dhabi Pharmacy Conference25-26 April 2019 (Poster)
- DUPHAT Dubai International Pharmaceutical & Technology Conference & Exhibition 2018 and 2019 (Posters)
- Scientific committe member, Regional director and speaker for Symposium on Vaccine: Updates, Alfaisal University, Riyadh, KSA May 10-11, 2018 (Oral)
- Key note speaker for International Forum on Drug Quality, Riyadh- Saudi Arabia 16-18 November 2017 (Oral)
- 13th International Conference of pharmacists, Jordan Pharmaceutical Association, Amman-Jordan; April 23, 2010. (Oral)
- Health Service Research & pharmacy Practice, University of Manchester, 12-13th April, 2010, Manchester, United Kingdom. (poster presentation)
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 13th Annual European Congress, 6-9 November, 2010, Prague, Czech Republic. (Poster presentation)
- Third International Conference for Improving Use of Medicines (ICIUM 2011), 14-18 November, 2011, Antalya, Turkey. (Poster presentation)
- Kingston University Postgraduate Research Day, May 28th 2012, London, United Kingdom. (oral presentation)
- Systematic Reviews for HTA and Pharmacoeconomics - 5-6 July 2012, York, UK
- Kingston University Postgraduate Research Day, June 19th 2013, London, United Kingdom. (Oral presentation)
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society Annual Conference 2013 Sunday 8 –9 September 2013, Birmingham, United Kingdom. (poster presentation)
- Isra University Pharmacy Conference (Oral and Poster presentation) March 2015.
- The 1st International Conference of the Jordanian Faculties of Pharmacy “JFP28-29 October/2015 (oral presentation) lecture “Pharmacoeconomic evidence to encourage generic medicine use in Jordan.
Assistant Professor, Al Ain University Sebtember 2017-Now
Assistant Professor, Hashemite University Jordan September 2015- September2017
Assistant Professor, Isra University Jordan February 2014- September2015
Pharmacoeconomics, Pharmacy Practice , Communication and Pharmaceutical care, Pharmacy Ethics and laws, Drug information, Pharmaceutical informatics, Pharmaceutical Statistics, Research Methods, Health Policy and Toxicology.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- Jordan Pharmaceutical Association since 2007, Jordan.
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) since 2010, U.S.A.
- Member of National committee for Drug and Pharmacy since 2015, Jordan.
- Member of Rational Drugs list committee since 2015, Jordan.
- Member of objection committee at Jordan food and Drug Administration ,2015-2017, Jordan.