Mohammad Majed Al Ahmad, Ph.D
Al Ain Campus
PhD in Pharmacology and Therapeutics – Major: Pharmacogenetics. UAE University, UAE. 2017.
MSc Clinical Pharmacy. Al Ain University, 2018.
MSc Clinical Pharmacy. Queen's University Belfast, UK. 2010.
Bachelor of Pharmacy. Ajman University, UAE. 2004.
DIP in IV compounding. Notting Hill College, UK. 2017.
I possess different aspects in the pharmacy field such as clinical practice, therapeutics and genetic knowledge.
- Mohammad M. Al-Ahmad, Naheed Amir, Subramanian Dhanasekaran, Anne John, Yousef M. Abdulrazzaq, Bassam R. Ali & Salim Bastaki (2017). Studies on N-Acetyltransferase (NAT2) genotype relationships in Emiratis: confirmation of the existence of phenotype variation among slow acetylators. Ann Hum Genet. 2017 Sep;81(5):190-196. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/ahg.12198
- Mohammad M. Al-Ahmad, Naheed Amir, Subramanian Dhanasekaran, Anne John, Yousef M. Abdulrazzaq, Bassam R. Ali & Salim Bastaki (2017). Polymorphic Cytochrome P450-1A2 (CYP1A2) Phenotyping and Genotyping among Emiratis. PLoS One 2017, Sep 21;12(9). http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0183424
- Salim M. A. Bastaki, Mohammed M. Al Ahmed, Ahmed Al Zaabi, Naheed Amir, Ernest Adeghate (2016). Effect of turmeric on colon histology, body weight, ulcer, IL-23, MPO and glutathione in acetic-acid-induced inflammatory bowel disease in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016; 16: 72. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4763431
- Chandranath IR, Bastaki SMA, Al-Ahmad MM and Singh J (2014). "Protective Mechanisms of the Gastrointestinal Mucosa: A Review". Research Trends: Current Topic in Pharmacology 2014, volume 18, page 1-28. http://www.researchtrends.net/tia/title_issue.asp?id=11&in=0&vn=18
- Muaed Jamal Alomar and Mohammad M. Al-Ahmad (2013). “Evaluation of hospital admission criteria for community acquired-pneumonia patients at a private hospital in UAE”. Journal of Pharmacy Research. Volume 7, Issue 4, April 2013, Pages 267–270. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0974694313001758
- Non-Prescription Drugs
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- American Board of Pharmacotherapy (BCPS) - Credential No.: 3153284. American Pharmacists Association, USA. 2016.
- Good Clinical Practice certificate – Certification No.: 2617772. National Institutes of Health (NIH) of Extramural Research Certifies. 2018