Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton (AB) Canada
MPhil (Pharmaceutics), The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
B.Pharm., The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
- Synthesis and In Vitro and In Vivo Characterization of Nanoparticles.
- Target Drug Delivery of Nanoparticles and its Impact on Cell Models.
- Developing Co-Culture models for Cancer Cells and Macrophages.
- PBPK/PD modeling, DDI modeling and IVIVCs using Gastroplus Simulation Software.
- Solmaz Jabaliab, Masoud Farshbaf, Paul Walker, Salar Hemmati, Yousef Fatahi, Parvin Milani, Muhammad Sarfraz & Hadi Valizade. An update on actively targeted liposomes in advanced drug delivery to glioma. Int. J. Pharm. Vol 602, 2021.
- Mehri Niazi, Parvin Zakeri-Milani, Mehdi Soleymani-Goloujeh, Ali Mohammadi, Muhammad Sarfraz, Raimar Löbenberg, Saeedeh Najafi-Hajivar, Javid Shahbazi-Mojarrad, Masoud Farshbaf, Hadi Valizadeh. Effects of self-assembled cell-penetrating peptides and their nano-complexes on ABCB1 expression and activity. Iran. J. Med. Sci.24 (3), 383. 2021
- Memoona Rashid, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Amjad Hussain, Nasir Abbas, Muhammad Waqas Sadiq, Muhammad Fawad Rasool, Nadeem Irfan Bukhari. Prediction of lisinopril pediatric dose from the reference adult dose by employing a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model. BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology. 21 (1), 1-14, 2020.
- Hammad Saleem, Muhammad Sarfraz, Kashif Maqbool Khan, Muhammad Ijaz Anwar, Gokhan Zengin, Irshad Ahmad, Shafi-Ullah Khan, Fawzi M Mahomoodally, Nafees Ahemad. UHPLC-MS Phytochemical profiling, biological propensities and in-silico studies of Alhagi maurorum roots: A medicinal herb with multifunctional properties. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 46, (5), 861-868, 2020.
- Michael B Bolger, Joyce S Macwan, Muhammad Sarfraz, May Almukainzi, Raimar Löbenberg. The Irrelevance of in vitro Dissolution in Setting Product Specifications for Drugs like Dextromethorphan that are Subject to Lysosomal Trapping. Journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 108 (1), 268-278. 2019.
- MF Bostanudin, M Arafat, M Sarfraz, DC Górecki, E Barbu. Butylglyceryl Pectin Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Formulation and Characterization. Polymers 11 (5), 789, 2019.
- Ah Othman Al Hanbali, HAJI Muhammad Shoaib Khan, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat. Transdermal patches: Design and current approaches to painless drug delivery. Acta Pharmaceutica, 69 (2), 197-215, 2019.
- Sadia Iftikhar, Anum Saqib, Muhammad Rehan Sarwar, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Qurat-ul-ain Shoaib. Capacity and willingness to use information technology for managing chronic diseases among patients: A cross-sectional study in Lahore, Pakistan. PLOS One 14 (1) 2019.
- Nayab Khalid, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Akhtar, Raimar Löbenberg, Nisar Ur Rehman. Nano-sized Droplets of Self-Emulsifying System for Enhancing Oral Bioavailability of Chemotherapeutic Agent VP-16 in Rats: A Nano Lipid Carrier for BCS Class IV Drugs. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences. 21 (1) 398-408. October 2018.
- A Saqib, MR Sarwar, M Sarfraz, S Iftikhar. Causality and preventability assessment of adverse drug events of antibiotics among inpatients having different lengths of hospital stay: a multicenter, cross-sectional study in Lahore, Pakistan. BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology 19 (1), 34, 2018.
- S Iftikhar, MR Sarwar, A Saqib, M Sarfraz. Causality and preventability assessment of adverse drug reactions and adverse drug events of antibiotics among hospitalized patients: A multicenter, cross-sectional study in Lahore, Pakistan. PloS one 13 (6), e0199456 2018
- MR Sarwar, S.Iftikhar, M Sarfraz. Influence of Education Level of Older Patients on Polypharmacy, Potentially Inappropriate Medications Listed in Beer’s Criteria, and Unplanned Hospitalization: A Cross-Sectional Study in Lahore, Pakistan. Medicina 54(4), 57; https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina54040057, 2018.
- Mosab Arafat, Cathrin Kirchhoefer, Momir Mikov, Muhammad Sarfraz, Raimar Löebenberg. The enhancement of the poor oral bioavailability of cefotaxime sodium using nano-mixed micelles formulation. Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 CSPS Annual Symposium. May 22 – 25, Toronto, Canada, 2018.
- Nayab Khalid, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Akhtar, Nisar-Ur- Rahman, Raimar Löebenberg. Nano-sized Droplets of Self-emulsifying System for Enhancing Oral Bioavailability of Etoposide in Rats.Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 CSPS Annual Symposium. May 22 – 25, Toronto, Canada 2018 .
- Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Sarfraz, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M., Löbenberg R. Dual Effect of Bile Salts in Nanocarriers: Counteracting Gastrointestinal Lysis and Enhancing The Oral Bioavailability of BCS Class III Drug. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 12-15, San Diego, California, USA 2017..
- Maira Faizullah, Nisar-Ur-Rahman, Muhammad Ihtesham Umar, Mudassir Anwar, Muhammad Sarfraz. A cross-sectional study on knowledge, attitude and practices of medical doctors towards antibiotic prescribing patterns and resistance in Khyber Pakhtun Khawah. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science;, Vol. 7 (12), pp. 038-046, December 2017.
- Othman A Al Hanbali, Rania Hamed, Mosab Arafat, Youssef Bakkour, Hisham Al-Matubsi, Randa Mansour, Yazan Al-Bataineh, Mohammad Aldhoun, Muhammad Sarfraz, Abdel Khaleq Yousef Dardas. Formulation and evaluation of diclofenac controlled release matrix tablets made of HPMC and Poloxamer 188 polymer: An assessment on a mechanism of drug release. Pak J Pharm Sci, 31: 1 (Suppl), p 345-351, 2018.
- Kamal T, Sarfraz M, Mosab Arafat, Mikov M, Rahman N. Cross-linked guar gum and sodium borate based microspheres as colon-targeted anticancer drug delivery systems for 5-fluorouracil. Pak J Pharm Sci ; 30: 6 (Suppl), 2329-2336, 2017.
- Mosab Arafat, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M, Sarfraz M, Löbenberg M. Nanosized liposomes containing bile salt: a vesicular nanocarrier for enhancing oral bioavailability of BCS class III drug. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 20: 305-318. DOI: 10.18433/J3CK88, 2017.
- Muhammad Sarfraz, Wilson Roa, Nadia Bou-Chacra & Raimar Löbenberg. Inflammation caused by nano-sized delivery systems: Is there a benefit? Mol. Pharmaceutics. 13 (9), pp 3270–3278, 2016.
- Nisar-Ur-Rehman, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz and Sabeeh Mohsin. Characterization and quantification of pH sensitive polymers used in drug targeting by inverse phase gas chromatography and dynamic vapour sorption technique. Mater. Express. 6, 344-350, Aug 2016.
- Muhammad Sarfraz, Wenjun Shi, Yuan Gao, Sophie- Dorothee Clas, Wilson Roa, Nadia Bou-Chacra & Raimar Löbenberg. Immune response to anti-tuberculosis drug-loaded gelatin and polyisobutyl-cyanoacrylate nanoparticles in macrophages. Therapeutic Delivery. 07:04: 213-228, April 2016.
- Yuan Gao, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz, Sophie-Dorothee Clas, Wilson Roa,§ and Raimar Löbenberg Hyaluronic acid α-Tocopherol succinate-based selfassembling micelles for targeted delivery of rifampicin to alveolar macrophages. Journal of biomedical nanotechnology volume 11 No 8 p-1312-1329. 2015.
- Asadullah Madni, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mubashar Rehman, Mahmood Ahmad1, Naveed Akhtar, Saeed Ahmad, Nayab Tahir, Shakeel Ijaz, Raida Al-Kassas and Raimar Löbenberg. Liposomal Drug Delivery: A versatile platform for Challenging Clinical Applications. J Pharm Pharm Sci 17(3) 401-426, 2014.
- M. H. D. Kamal Al-Hallak, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz, Shirzad Azarmi, Wilson H. Roa, Warren H. Finlay, Claude Rouleau and Raimar Löbenberg. Distribution of effervescent inhalable nanoparticles after pulmonary delivery; in vivo study. Therapeutic delivery; p 725-734, 3(6), 2012.
- M.H.D.Kamal Al-Hallak, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz, S. Azarmi, M.H. Gilzad Kohn, W. H. Roa and Raimar Löbenberg. Microcalorimetric method to assess phagocytosis macrophage-nanoparticle interactions. American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal; p. 20-29, 13(1), 2011.
- M.H.D.Kamal Al-Hallak, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz, Shirzad Azarmi, Warren Finaly , W. H. Roa and Raimar Löbenberg Pulmonary delivery of inhalable nanoparticles: dry powder inhalers. Therapeutic delivery; p. 1313-1324, 2(10), 2011.
Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Sarfraz, Cathrin Kirchhoefer, Raimar Löbenberg R. Studying vesicles membrane stability of nanotransfersomes containing bile salts using calcein as a marker for stability.
- Mosab Arafat, C. Kirchhoefer, Sarfraz M, Löbenberg R. Study the Effect of Physiological Fluid on Vesicles Membrane Stability of Liposomes containing Bile Salts using Calcein as a Marker for Vesicles Leakage. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 4-7, 2018. Washington DC, USA.
- Mosab Arafat, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M, Sarfraz M, Löebenberg R. The enhancement of the poor oral bioavailability of cefotaxime sodium using nano-mixed micelles formulation. Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 CSPS Annual Symposium. May 22 – 25, 2018. Toronto, Canada.
- Khalid N, Sarfraz M, Mosab Arafat, Akhtar M, Rahman N, Löebenberg R. Nano-sized Droplets of Self-emulsifying System for Enhancing Oral Bioavailability of Etoposide in Rats.Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 CSPS Annual Symposium. May 22 – 25, 2018. Toronto, Canada.
- Mosab Arafat, Sarfraz M, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M., Löbenberg R. Dual Effect of Bile Salts in Nanocarriers: Counteracting Gastrointestinal Lysis and Enhancing The Oral Bioavailability of BCS Class III Drug. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 12-15, 2017. San Diego, California, USA.
Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetic.
Medication Dispensing and Drug Distribution System.
Advanced Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokintics (Master Level Course)
Punjab Pharmacy Council, Pakistan,
Canadian Society of Pharmaceutical Sciences (CSPS), Canada
American Association Pharmaceutical Scientist. (AAPS) USA