Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton (AB) Canada
MPhil (Pharmaceutics), The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
B.Pharm., The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
- Synthesis and In Vitro and In Vivo Characterization of Nanoparticles.
- Target Drug Delivery of Nanoparticles and its Impact on Cell Models.
- Developing Co-Culture models for Cancer Cells and Macrophages.
- PBPK/PD modeling, DDI modeling and IVIVCs using Gastroplus Simulation Software.
- Amna Khalid, Hafiz Shoaib Sarwar, Muhammad Sarfraz, Muhammad Farhan Sohail, Aamir Jalil, Yousef A Bin Jardan, Rabia Arshad, Ifrah Tahir, Zulcaif Ahmad. Formulation and characterization of thiolated chitosan/polyvinyl acetate based microneedle patch for transdermal delivery of dydrogesterone. Saudi Pharm. J.Vol 31, issue 5, P-669-677, May 2023
- Fahimeh Zahednezhad, Parvin Zakeri-Milani, Javid Shahbazi Mojarrad, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mohammad Mahmoudian, Behzad Baradaran, Hadi Valizadeh. Acetyl carnitine modified liposomes elevate cisplatin uptake in macrophage and cancer cells. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol 81, 104198, P:1-12, 2023
- Muhammad Sarfraz, Rabia Iqbal, Kifayat Ullah Khan, Muhammad Usman Minhas. Carbopol Based Hydrogels for ITOPRIDE Hydrochloride Delivery; Synthesis, Characterization and Comparative Assessment with Various Monomers. J. Funct. BIomater. 13, 295, P:2-21, 2022
- Touqeer Zahra, Hafiz Shoaib Sarwar*, Muhammad Sarfraz, Muhammad Zaman, Hassan Ahmad, Aamir Jalil, Gul Shahnaz, Muhammad Farhan Sohail. Thiomer coated solid lipid nanoparticles for the enhanced oral bioavailability of tacrolimus: in-vitro and in-vivo evaluation. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol 77, 103892, P:1-8, 2022
- Mohammad Feyzizadeh, Ashkan Barfar, Zeinab Nouri, Muhammad Sarfraz, Parvin Zakeri-Milani, Hadi Valizadeh. Overcoming multidrug resistance through targeting ABC transporters: lessons for drug discovery. Expert Opin. Drug Discov. Page:1-15, 2022
- Muhammad Sarfraz, Shaista Qamar, Masood Ur Rehman, Muhammad Azam Tahir, Muhammad Ijaz, Anam Ahsan, Mulazim Hussain Asim, Imran Nazir. Nano-Formulation Based Intravesical Drug Delivery Systems: An Overview of Versatile Approaches to Improve Urinary Bladder Diseases. Pharmaceutics Vol: 14 (9) 1909. 2022
- Aimen Qaiser, Maria Hassan Kiani, Rashida Parveen, Muhammad Sarfraz, Gul Shahnaz, Abbas Rahdar, Pablo Taboada. Design and synthesis of multifunctional polymeric micelles for targeted delivery in Helicobacter pylori infection. J. Mol. Liq. Vol 363, 119802, 2022
- Muhammad Usman Minhas, Kifayat Ullah Khan, Muhammad Sarfraz, Syed Faisal Badshah, Abubakar Munir, Kashif Barkat, Abdul Basit, Mosab Arafat. Polyvinylpyrrolidone K-30-Based Crosslinked Fast Swelling Nanogels: An Impeccable Approach for Drug’s Solubility Improvement. BioMed Res. Int. A:ID 5883239. 2022
- Somayeh Mahdinloo, Salar Hemmati, Hadi Valizadeh, Mohammad Mahmoudian, Javad Mahmoudi, Leyla Roshangar, Muhammad Sarfraz, Parvin Zakeri-Milani. Synthesis and preparation of vitamin A coupled butein-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for liver fibrosis therapy in rats. Int. J. Pharm. Vol 625, 122063, 2022
- Arshad Mahmood, Rabbia Haneef, Ahmad Z Al Meslamani, Mohammad F Bostanudin, Muhammad Sohail, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat. Papain-Decorated Mucopenetrating SEDDS: A Tentative Approach to Combat Absorption Issues of Acyclovir via the Oral Route. Pharmaceuticals 14 (8), 1584. 2022
- ·Amna Saeed, Syeda Abida Ejaz, Muhammad Sarfraz, Nissren Tamam, Farhan Siddique, Naheed Riaz, Faizan Abul Qais, Samir Chtita, Jamshed Iqbal. Discovery of Phenylcarbamoylazinane-1,2,4-Triazole Amides Derivatives as the Potential Inhibitors of Aldo-Keto Reductases (AKR1B1 & AKRB10): Potential Lead Molecules for Treatment of Colon Cancer. Molecules. Vol 27, Issue 13, ,2022
- Aousaf Ahmad, Mahmood Ahmad, Muhammad Usman Minhas, Muhammad Sarfraz, Muhammad Sohail, Kifayat Ullah Khan, Sana Tanveer, Shakeel Ijaz. Synthesis and Evaluation of Finasteride-Loaded HPMC-Based Nanogels for Transdermal Delivery: A Versatile Nanoscopic Platform. BioMed Res. Int. A:ID 242690. 2022
- Solmaz Mojarad-Jabali, Masoud Farshbaf, Salar Hemmati, Muhammad Sarfraz, Hamidreza Motasadizadeh, Javid Shahbazi Mojarrad, Fatemeh Atyabi, Parvin Zakeri-Milani, Hadi Valizadeh. Comparison of three synthetic transferrin mimetic small peptides to promote the blood-brain barrier penetration of vincristine liposomes for improved glioma targeted therapy. Int. J. Pharm. Vol 613, 121395, 2022
- Tufail, S.a , Siddique, M.I.a , Sarfraz, M.b , Sohail, M.F. c d , Shahid, M.N.a , Omer, M.O.e , Katas, H.f , Rasool, F. Simvastatin Nanoparticles Loaded Polymeric Film as a Potential Strategy for Diabetic Wound Healing: In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation. Current Drug Delivery, 19 (5), pp. 534-546. 2022
- Sidra Huma, Haji Muhammad Shoaib Khan, Shakeel Ijaz, Muhammad Sarfraz, Hafiz Saqib Zaka, Aousaf Ahmad. Development of Niacinamide/Ferulic Acid-Loaded Multiple Emulsion and Its In Vitro/In Vivo Investigation as a Cosmeceutical Product. BioMed Res. Int. p 725053. 2022
- Muhammad Irfan Siddique, Muhammad Sarfraz, Khurram Rehman, Muhammad Farhan Sohail, Haliza Katas. Oral Dispersible Films from Product Development to End-User Acceptability: A Review Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst. Vol 39 (1), 2022.
- Fahimeh Zahednezhad, Javid Shahbazi Mojarrad, Parvin Zakeri-Milani, Behzad Baradaran, Mohammad Mahmoudian, Muhammad Sarfraz & Hadi Valizadeh. Surface modification with cholesteryl acetyl carnitine, a novel cationic agent, elevates cancer cell uptake of the PEGylated liposomes. Int. J. Pharm. Vol 609, 121148, 2021
- Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mohammad F Bostanudin, Anna Esmaeil, Aisha Salam & Salahdein AbuRuz. In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation of Oral Controlled Release Formulation of BCS Class I Drug Using Polymer Matrix System. Pharmaceuticals 14 (9), 929. 2021
- Solmaz Jabaliab, Masoud Farshbaf, Paul Walker, Salar Hemmati, Yousef Fatahi, Parvin Milani, Muhammad Sarfraz & Hadi Valizadeh. An update on actively targeted liposomes in advanced drug delivery to glioma. Int. J. Pharm. Vol 602, 2021.
- M Rashid, M Sarfraz, M Arfat, A Hussain, N Abbas, K Hussain, NI Bukhari. Prediction of pharmacokinetic parameters and dose of pregabalin gastroretentive formulation in healthy adults, healthy pediatrics and renal-impaired geriatrics. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol 63, 102548, 2021
- MI Siddique, H Katas, M Sarfraz, TA Chohan, A Jamil, MCIM Amin. Clinical insights into topically applied multipronged nanoparticles in subjects with atopic dermatitis. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol 65, 102744.2021
- Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Sarfraz, Salahdein AbuRuz. Development and In Vitro Evaluation of Controlled Release Viagra® Containing Poloxamer-188 Using Gastroplus™ PBPK Modeling Software for In Vivo Predictions and Pharmacokinetic Assessments. Pharmaceuticals 14 (5), 479. 2021
- Mehri Niazi, Parvin Zakeri-Milani, Mehdi Soleymani-Goloujeh, Ali Mohammadi, Muhammad Sarfraz, Raimar Löbenberg, Saeedeh Najafi-Hajivar, Javid Shahbazi-Mojarrad, Masoud Farshbaf, Hadi Valizadeh. Effects of self-assembled cell-penetrating peptides and their nano-complexes on ABCB1 expression and activity. Iran. J. Med. Sci.24 (3), 383. 2021
- Memoona Rashid, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Amjad Hussain, Nasir Abbas, Muhammad Waqas Sadiq, Muhammad Fawad Rasool, Nadeem Irfan Bukhari. Prediction of lisinopril pediatric dose from the reference adult dose by employing a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model. BMC Pharmacol. Toxicol.. 21 (1), 1-14, 2020.
- Hammad Saleem, Muhammad Sarfraz, Kashif Maqbool Khan, Muhammad Ijaz Anwar, Gokhan Zengin, Irshad Ahmad, Shafi-Ullah Khan, Fawzi M Mahomoodally, Nafees Ahemad. UHPLC-MS Phytochemical profiling, biological propensities and in-silico studies of Alhagi maurorum roots: A medicinal herb with multifunctional properties. Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm. 46, (5), 861-868, 2020.
- Michael B Bolger, Joyce S Macwan, Muhammad Sarfraz, May Almukainzi, Raimar Löbenberg. The Irrelevance of in vitro Dissolution in Setting Product Specifications for Drugs like Dextromethorphan that are Subject to Lysosomal Trapping. J Pharm Pharm Sci..108 (1), 268-278. 2019.
- MF Bostanudin, M Arafat, M Sarfraz, DC Górecki, E Barbu. Butylglyceryl Pectin Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Formulation and Characterization.Polymers 11 (5), 789, 2019.
- Ah Othman Al Hanbali, HAJI Muhammad Shoaib Khan, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat. Transdermal patches: Design and current approaches to painless drug delivery. Acta Pharm, 69 (2), 197-215, 2019.
- Sadia Iftikhar, Anum Saqib, Muhammad Rehan Sarwar, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Qurat-ul-ain Shoaib. Capacity and willingness to use information technology for managing chronic diseases among patients: A cross-sectional study in Lahore, Pakistan. PLOS One 14 (1) 2019.
- Nayab Khalid, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Akhtar, Raimar Löbenberg, Nisar Ur Rehman. Nano-sized Droplets of Self-Emulsifying System for Enhancing Oral Bioavailability of Chemotherapeutic Agent VP-16 in Rats: A Nano Lipid Carrier for BCS Class IV Drugs. J Pharm Pharm Sci.. 21 (1) 398-408. October 2018.
- Othman A Al Hanbali, Rania Hamed, Mosab Arafat, Youssef Bakkour, Hisham Al-Matubsi, Randa Mansour, Yazan Al-Bataineh, Mohammad Aldhoun, Muhammad Sarfraz, Abdel Khaleq Yousef Dardas. Formulation and evaluation of diclofenac controlled release matrix tablets made of HPMC and Poloxamer 188 polymer: An assessment on a mechanism of drug release. Pak J Pharm Sci, 31: 1 (Suppl), p 345-351, 2018.
- Mosab Arafat, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M, Sarfraz M, Löbenberg M. Nanosized liposomes containing bile salt: a vesicular nanocarrier for enhancing oral bioavailability of BCS class III drug. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 20: 305-318, 2017.
- Muhammad Sarfraz, Wilson Roa, Nadia Bou-Chacra & Raimar Löbenberg. Inflammation caused by nano-sized delivery systems: Is there a benefit? Mol. Pharmaceutics. 13 (9), pp 3270–3278, 2016.
- Nisar-Ur-Rehman, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz and Sabeeh Mohsin. Characterization and quantification of pH sensitive polymers used in drug targeting by inverse phase gas chromatography and dynamic vapour sorption technique. Mater. Express. 6, 344-350, Aug 2016.
- Yuan Gao, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz, Sophie-Dorothee Clas, Wilson Roa,§ and Raimar Löbenberg. Hyaluronic acid α-Tocopherol succinate-based selfassembling micelles for targeted delivery of rifampicin to alveolar macrophages. J. Biomed. Nanotech volume 11 No 8 p-1312-1329. 2015.
- Asadullah Madni, Muhammad Sarfraz, Mubashar Rehman, Mahmood Ahmad1, Naveed Akhtar, Saeed Ahmad, Nayab Tahir, Shakeel Ijaz, Raida Al-Kassas and Raimar Löbenberg. Liposomal Drug Delivery: A versatile platform for Challenging Clinical Applications. J Pharm Pharm Sci 17(3) 401-426, 2014.
- Solmaz Mojarad-Jabali, Somayeh Mahdinloo, Masoud Farshbaf, Muhammad Sarfraz, Yousef Fatahi, Fatemeh Atyabi, Hadi Valizadeh. Transferrin receptor-mediated liposomal drug delivery: recent trends in targeted therapy of cancer. Expert Opin. Drug Deliv. Page1-21 2022
Mosab Arafat, Muhammad Sarfraz, Cathrin Kirchhoefer, Raimar Löbenberg R. Studying vesicles membrane stability of nanotransfersomes containing bile salts using calcein as a marker for stability. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 3-6, 2019. San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Mosab Arafat, C. Kirchhoefer, Sarfraz M, Löbenberg R. Study the Effect of Physiological Fluid on Vesicles Membrane Stability of Liposomes containing Bile Salts using Calcein as a Marker for Vesicles Leakage. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 4-7, 2018. Washington DC, USA.
- Mosab Arafat, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M, Sarfraz M, Löebenberg R. The enhancement of the poor oral bioavailability of cefotaxime sodium using nano-mixed micelles formulation. Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 CSPS Annual Symposium. May 22 – 25, 2018. Toronto, Canada.
- Khalid N, Sarfraz M, Mosab Arafat, Akhtar M, Rahman N, Löebenberg R. Nano-sized Droplets of Self-emulsifying System for Enhancing Oral Bioavailability of Etoposide in Rats.Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 CSPS Annual Symposium. May 22 – 25, 2018. Toronto, Canada.
- Mosab Arafat, Sarfraz M, Kirchhoefer C, Mikov M., Löbenberg R. Dual Effect of Bile Salts in Nanocarriers: Counteracting Gastrointestinal Lysis and Enhancing The Oral Bioavailability of BCS Class III Drug. The Americana Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Journal. AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 12-15, 2017. San Diego, California, USA.
- Physical Pharmacy,
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetic.
- Medication Dispensing and Drug Distribution System.
- Advanced Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokintics (Master Level Course)
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- Punjab Pharmacy Council, Pakistan,
- Canadian Society of Pharmaceutical Sciences (CSPS), Canada
- American Association Pharmaceutical Scientist. (AAPS) USA