- A proven track record in securing research funding:
- PI: Abu-Izneid, Tareq, UQU, 2016, DSR-UQU, Research Grant, (SAR 300000~125000AUD/24months) Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of mannose-Based Glycodendrimers as Potent DC-SIGN Antagonists for Dengue Infection. PI: Abu-Izneid, Tareq, UQU
- PI: Abu-Izneid, Tareq, UQU. 2016, DSR-UQU, Research Grant, (270000~110000AUD/24months) Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation Glucuronic Acid Derivatives as Anti-Dengue Virus Agentsز
- CoI: 2014, NSTIP-KACST Grant, KSA 2,000,000SAR which is equivalent to (~735,000AUD). Design and Synthesise of Multi-Targets Drugs.
- PI: Abu-Izneid, Tareq, 2013. ISR, UM AL-QURA UNIVERSITY, 279,000 SAR which is equivalent to 108,000 AUD.
- Charles Sturt University, “Isolation, Identification and biological evaluation of some natural anticancer compounds”, Causes, Mechanism and Toxins” 2010 ($24400AUD)
- Faculty of Science Seed Grant, Charles Sturt University, “Photoelectron spectra of some organozinc compounds” (Molecular Modelling), Causes, Mechanism and Toxins” 2008-2009 ($6000AUD)
PhD in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Griffith University, Australia
BSc. Pharmacy, Applied Science University, Jordan
Investigation of biological active natural products
- Isolation and separations of natural compounds
- Identifications using NMR, MS and IR
Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Organic synthesis of bioactive carbohydrate-based molecules.
- Biological evaluations of the target compounds.
- Routine use of the NMR, HPLC, MS and IR.
Molecular Modelling and Drug Design
- Using computer modelling for investigation drug-protein binding
Analytical Chemistry (Drug Analysis)
- Rauf, A.aImran, M.b, T Abu-Izneid, .c, Iahtisham-Ul-Haqd, Patel, S.e; Proanthocyanidins: A comprehensive review(Review)(Open Access), Biomedicine and PharmacotherapyVolume 116, August 2019, Article number 108999
- Imran, M.a, Rauf, Abu-Izneid, T., bEmail Author, Nadeem, M.d, Shariati, M.A.e,Khan, I.A.f,; Luteolin, a flavonoid, as an anticancer agent: (Review)(Open Access), Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, Volume 112, April 2019, Article number 10861.
- T Abu-Izneid, A Rauf, S Bawazeer, A Wadood, S Patel, Anti-Dengue, Cytotoxicity, Antifungal, and In Silico Study of the Newly Synthesized 3-O-Phospo--D-Glucopyranuronic Acid Compound, BioMed Research International 2018, IF 2.75
- T. Abu-Izneid*a, A. Rauf*b, M. I. S. Muhammad Saleemc, Abdelhadya,e, P. Nathalief, D. Munjed M. Ibrahim a, Mansoura,h S. Pateli,, Urease Inhibitory Potential of Extracts and Active Phytochemicals of Hypochaeris radicata (Asteraceae), Natural Product Research, Published, April 2018, IF1.88
- T. Abu-Izneid*a, A. Rauf*b, S.U.A. Shahc, A. Wadoodd, M. I. S. Abdelhadya,e, P. Nathalief, D. Célineg, N. Mansoura,h S. Pateli,, In vivo study on analgesic, muscle-relaxant activity, sedative activity of extracts of Hypochaeris radicata and 2 in silico evaluation of hypochoeris glucoside and guaiane-type sequiterpene, Biomed Research International, Published, IF2.60
- Abdul Wadood,*, Aamir Mehmooda, Huma Khana, Muhammad Ilyasb, Ayaz Ahmadc, Mohammed Alarjahd, Tareq Abdu-Izneid,* Epitopes based drug design for dengue virus envelope protein: A computational approach, Computational Biology and Chemistry 71 (2017) 152–160
- Haroon Khan1,*, Sumaira Khattak1, Mohammad S. Mubarak2, Tareq Abu-Izneidand Mohammad A. Kamal, Antidepressant Potential of Peptides: New Insights as Future Therapeutic, CNS & Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets, 2017, 16, Review Article, (IF: 2.50).
- Abdur Rauf* Taibi Ben Hadda, Seema Patel, Saud Bawazeer, Tareq Abu-Izneid, and Bashir Ahmad, Identification and Structural Elucidation, and Antioxidant Potential of New Compounds from Diospyros lotus, Chemistry of Natural Compounds, Vol. 53, No. 5, September, 2017 (IF 1.3)
- Rauf A.; Abu-Izneid T etc Manuscript accepted; "Sedative-hypnotic like effect and molecular docking of Di-naphthodiospyrol from Diospyros lotus in animal model" (Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 88 (2017) 109–113 IF 2.32) Jan, 2017
- Mumtaz Ali, Abdur Rauf, Taibi Ben Hadda, Tareq Abu-Izneid et al.; Mechanisms Underlying Anti-hyperalgesic Properties of Kaempferol-3,7-di-O-α-L-rhamnopyranoside Isolated from Dryopteris cycadina (Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, Sep 2016, Volume 16 (E-pub ahead of print) IF 3.1)
- Megan Walsh1, Stefano Fais, Enrico Pierluigi Spugnini, Ziad Omran, Tareq Abu Izneid, Paula Williams, Salvador Harguindey , Cinzia Allegrucci1,* and Cyril Rauch1; Manuscript submitted Proton Pump Inhibitors for the treatment of cancer in companion animals (J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015; 34(1): 93. IF 4.43)
- Novak, T. Abu-Izneid Electronic structure and stability of some silicon compounds, Chemical Physics Letters, Volume 491, Issues 4–6, Pages 136–139, IF 2.34
- I. Novak, T. Abu-Izneid, Electronic structure and stability of benzotriazoles,The Journal of Physical Chemistry,2009; 113(35):9751-6. IF 2.70
- Barwick, T. Abu-Izneid, I. Novak, Photoelectron spectra of some organozinc compoundsChemical Physics Letters, 460 (2008),79-81, IF 2.34
- Barwick, T. Abu-Izneid, I. Novak, Computational study of pharmacophores: beta-sultams. The Journal of Physical Chemistry (2008), 112 (43), 10993-10997, IF 2.70
- Haselhorst, T.; Oschlies, M.; Abu-Izneid, T., A 1H STD NMR spectroscopic investigation of sialylnucleoside mimetics as probes of CMP-Kdn synthetase Glycoconj J. 2006, 23, 371-375 IF 2.50
- Published Book: T. Abu-Izneid (2009) The Synthesis and Evaluation of Functionalised Carbohydrates as Probes of Tumour Metastasis. VDM Verlag Dr. Muller, Saarbrucken, Germany (ISBN: 978-3-639-18760-1)
- Conference Poster: Kiefel M., Phillips J., Abu-Izneid, T.; “The Synthesis of Structurally Modified KDO Derivatives”.
- Patent No. 2005907191 - Novel antimicrobial agents. Inventors: Davis, Chris; Gehle, Dietmar; von Itztein, Mark; Izneid, Tareq Abu; Hartnell, Regan; Thomson, Robin; Madge, Paul
Conference Poster: Kiefel M., Phillips J., Abu-Izneid, T.; “The Synthesis of Structurally Modified KDO Derivatives”.
- Associate Professor, Head of Pharmaceutical Sciences Department
College of Pharmacy, Al Ain University for Sciences and Technology, UAE
- Associate Professor, Head of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department
College of Pharmacy, Umm Al Qura University, KSA
- Associate Professor, Head of Curriculum and Assessment Committee
College of Pharmacy, Umm Al Qura University, KSA
- Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy
Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Senior Lecturer in Health Sciences
Bond University, QLD, Australia
- Lecturer in Pharmacy
Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellow
Griffith University, QLD, Australia
- The Jordanian Pharmaceutical Association (Member)
- Saudi Heart Association (BLS Instructor), 2015
- American Heart Associate BLS (CPR) Instructor, 2016