Ph.D. Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
B.Pharm. Faculty of Pharmacy, Phildephia University – Amman, Jordan
My research interest lies in the field of computer-aided drug design where I focus in three main areas: (1) Designing and discovery of new inhibitors for different drug targets using structure-based and ligand-based approaches; (2) Assessing protein structures in terms of pocket protein-ligand interactions and druggability: (3) Investigating the aggregation molecular behavior of small organic molecules using molecular dynamics simulations.
- Atatreh N, Hasan S, Ali BR, Ghattas MA. Computer-aided approaches reveal Trihydroxychroman and Pyrazolone derivatives as potential inhibitors of SARS-COV-2 virus main protease. Acta Pharmaceutica, Volume 71, Pages 325-333, 2021. https://doi.org/10.2478/acph-2021-0040
- Ghattas MA, Al Rawashdah S, Atatreh N and Bryce RA. How Do Small Molecule Aggregates Inhibit Enzyme Activity? A Molecular Dynamics Study. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling. 60, 8, 3901–3909, 2020. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jcim.0c00540
- Mohamed FE, Al Sorkhy M, Ghattas MA, Al-Gazali L, Al-Dirbashi O, Al-Jasmi F, Ali BR. The pharmacological chaperone N-n-butyl-deoxygalactonojirimycin enhances β-galactosidase processing and activity in fibroblasts of a patient with infantile GM1-gangliosidosis, Human Genetics, 1-17, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00439-020-02153-3
- Mohamed FE, Al Sorkhy M, Ghattas MA, Al-Zaabi N, Al-Shamsi A, Almansoori TM, Al-Gazali L, Al-Dirbashi OY, Al-Jasmi F, Ali BR. A Novel Homozygous Missense Variant in the NAGA Gene with Extreme Intrafamilial Phenotypic Heterogeneity, Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, 2020, 70 (1), 45-55. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12031-019-01398-6
- Ghattas MA*, Eissa NA*, Tessaro F, Perozzo R, Scapozza L, Obaid D, Atatreh N. Structure‐based drug design and in‐vitro testing reveal new inhibitors of enoyl acyl carrier protein reductases. Chemical Biology & Drug Design. Published online in May 7, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1111/cbdd.13536 * Equal contribution
- Salem, AA, Lotfy Mb, Amin Ab, Ghattas MA. Characterization of human serum albumin's interactions with safranal and crocin using multi-spectroscopic and molecular docking techniques. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrep.2019.100670
- Atatreh N, AlRawashdah S, Al Neyadi SS, Abuhamdah SM, GhattasMA*. Discovery of new butyrylcholinesterase inhibitors via structure-based virtual screening. J of enzyme inhibition and medicinal chemistry 34, 1373-1379, 2019.https://doi.org/10.1080/14756366.2019.1644329*Corresponding author
- Al Rawashdah S, Hamrouni A, Sadek B, Amer R, Metwaly M, Atatreh N, Ghattas MA. Molecular modelling studies on ɑ7 nicotinic receptor allosteric modulators yields novel filter-based virtual screening protocol. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling 92, 44-54, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1080/14756366.2019.1644329* Corresponding author
- Atatreh N, Youssef AM, Ghattas MA, Al Sorkhy M, Alrawashdeh S, Al-Harbi KB, El-Ashmawy IM, Almundarij TI, Abdelghani AA, Abd-El-Aziz AS. Anti-inflammatory drug approach: Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel pyrazolo [3, 4-d] pyrimidine compounds. Biorganic Chemistry. 2019; 86: 393-400. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2019.02.014
- Atatreh N, Ghattas MA, Bardaweel SK, Al Rawashdah S, Al Sorkhy M. Identification of new inhibitors of Mdm2–p53 interaction via pharmacophore and structure-based virtual screening. Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2018, 12, 1-12.
- Ghattas MA, Bryce RA, AlRawashdah S, Atatreh N, Zalloum WA. Comparative Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Aggregating and Non-Aggregating Inhibitor Solutions: Understanding the Molecular Basis of Promiscuity. ChemMedChem 2018, 13 (6), 500-506. https://doi.org/10.1002/cmdc.201700654
- AlNeyadi SS, Salem AA, Ghattas MA, Atatreh N, Abdou IM. Antibacterial activity and mechanism of action of the benzazole acrylonitrile-based compounds: In vitro, spectroscopic, and docking studies. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2017, 136, 270–282. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2017.05.010
- Drug Discvoery & Design (Msc)
- Medicinal Chemistry I (Bsc)
- Medicinal Chemistry II (Bsc)
- Biochemistry & Biotechnology (Bsc)
- Member of American Chemical Society, USA.
- Member of Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC), UK.
- Member of the Jordanian Pharmaceutical Association, Jordan.